We are friends, family, and neighbors who want community-led solutions to public safety in Greenfield, Massachusetts. We want programs that reduce harm and meet people’s real needs. Other cities have great success with community-led, holistic public safety programs, and we want the same thing here.
We also want the residents of Greenfield to have a say in how we make our town a safe, thriving, and just community.
What we’re doing
- Collecting signatures to let our state government know we want civilian, community-based, peer-led, person-centered crisis care.
- Promoting civilian crisis response as away to meet urgent community needs.
- Collecting signatures on a petition to the City of Greenfield calling for new people-centered public safety programs.
- Building a “people’s budget” process to shape these programs. Through neighborhood assemblies, community surveys, and votes, we will tell the town our ideas and our priorities. Let’s make town programs accountable to the community!
Want to know more?
- First read our petition to the City of Greenfield and sign it if you agree. Help us show the city government that residents support pursuing community safety solutions beyond policing.
- Read about our campaign in more detail, including an outline of the participatory budgeting process we propose.
- Learn more about community safety programs implemented in other cities and what we can do to create effective, life-affirming solutions in our town: check out the resources & links and frequently asked questions. We also have links to resources on participatory budgeting.
- Follow campaign updates on our blog.
- Contact us if you have questions or comments, and fill out our volunteer survey if you’d like to help out!